09jun1:00 pm2:00 pmVisualizing the Cancer Transcriptome – How RNA In Situ Hybridization Technology Offers an Essential Data Dimension in Cancer ResearchOSTR Technology Seminar: Visualizing the Cancer Transcriptome Using RNAscope
The CCR Office of Science and Technology Resources (OSTR) is pleased to host a virtual technology seminar given by Advanced Cell Diagnostics (ACD) and NCI Cores at FNLCR. Presenters: Jyoti Phatak, MS
The CCR Office of Science and Technology Resources (OSTR) is pleased to host a virtual technology seminar given by Advanced Cell Diagnostics (ACD) and NCI Cores at FNLCR.
Jyoti Phatak, MS | Advanced Cell Diagnostics
Ruby Hsu, Ph.D. | Advanced Cell Diagnostics
Kristen Pike, MS, PMP and Gordon Whiteley, Ph.D. | CLIA Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory, FNLCR, NCI
Larry Sternberg, Ph.D. and Andrew Warner, MS | Molecular Histopathology Laboratory, FNLCR, NCI
Please use the seminar registration link to receive the meeting details.
This webinar will include an introduction to the RNAscope technology and highlight some key applications in cancer research. The webinar will also include an overview of RNAscope services offered by two NCI Cores, the Molecular Histopathology Laboratory and the CLIA Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory in Frederick, as well as assay services offered by ACD.
Key applications include:
- Visualize the cellular heterogeneity of tumor microenvironment, and characterize the immune cell types and cytokine secretion
- Spatially map and validate scRNA-seq gene profiles at the single cell level in the tissue context
- Specific detection of engineered CAR-T and TCR-T cell therapies in clinical trial patient biopsies
- Detect splice variants and point mutations
- Study gene amplification, gene deletion, gene fusion as well break-aparts
For questions about this seminar please contact:
Mariam Malik, Ph.D.
Building 37, Rm 1041B
(Wednesday) 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm