Please join us for a discussion followed by question and answer session on the topic of “R or Python, Which Should I Learn?”. We will be joined by Andrew Weisman of
Please join us for a discussion followed by question and answer session on the topic of “R or Python, Which Should I Learn?”.
We will be joined by Andrew Weisman of the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, Strategic Data Science Initiative (FNLCR, SDSI) and new BTEP Trainer Joe Wu to discuss the utility of R and Python for bioinformatics and data science analyses. You will gain insight into which of these 2 programming languages might be more appropriate for the types of analyses you want to perform. For example:
- Are there bioinformatics or genomics specialized tools in R? (Bioconductor). In Python? (BioPython)
- What kinds of data visualization can I do in R and how do I do them?
- Should I use Python for Machine Learning?
- Can I run Python and R on my local machine?
- Should I use Python or R on NIH High Performance Unix Cluster Biowulf?
- What are Integrated Data Environments (IDE) for R and Python? Why should I use them and how do I access them?
- How do I upload my data into Python? Into R?
- Where should I go next to learn more about R and Python?
Register HereRegister Here
(Thursday) 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm