In this session of the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s O’Neal Research Seminar Series, CBIIT’s Dr. Jill Barnholtz-Sloan will share how
In this session of the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s O’Neal Research Seminar Series, CBIIT’s Dr. Jill Barnholtz-Sloan will share how big data has provided insight on brain and central nervous system (CNS) tumors. Dr. Barnholtz-Sloan will particularly discuss:
- general cancer statistics vs. brain/CNS tumor statistics.
- statistics on brain tumor incidence (by age) and U.S. survival probabilities.
- general cause and risk factors for brain tumors, as well as environmental and genetic risk factors.
- the molecular basis of brain tumors.
- male and female sex differences as they relate to brain tumors (including treatment responses and adverse effects).
O’Neal Cancer Seminars are regular research seminars hosted by the O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center that feature a wide range of cancer-related topics.
Jill Barnholtz-Sloan, Ph.D.
Dr. Barnholtz-Sloan is the associate director for the Informatics and Data Science Program at NCI CBIIT and a senior investigator for NCI’s Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics.
(Wednesday) 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
CBIITCBIITDaoud Meerzaman, firstname.lastname@example.org