You do not need to currently have an account on Biowulf to attend this class. Computers are provided in the classroom, you may also bring your own laptop. If you bring your own laptop, please make sure the following software is installed [PC – Putty SSH and telnet client (putty.org), WinSCP (https://sourceforge.net/projects/winscp/)], (Mac – no additional software needed).
Attendees will learn to:
- Work at the unix command line – explore file structure, create files
- Move large data files using Globus and other tools
- Understand environment modules
- Run scientific software programs in interactive and batch modes
- Learn about different NGS file formats
- Use NGS analysis tools
This is a repeat of the class that was held on the NIH campus April 16, 2019.
Course Material 1: fwunixref-2.pdf
Course Material 2: BTEP-Frederick-updated-Handout-Unix-command-line-June-2019.docx
Course Material 3: Practical-Bioinformatics-Skills-Jun-2019-Frederick-final.pdf
Course Material 4: 1mil.fastq_.gz