BTEP encourages researchers with high-throughput data from NGS or mutiple sources to attend this hands-on workshop on Qlucore Omics Explorer (QOE), which handles various types of data with the platform-independent data import Wizard module. Examples of data include Gene expression (array and NGS), proteomics, metabolomics, methylation data, flow cytometry, qPCR etc. For those who may be users of Qlucore, we are also giving an opportunity to set up a 1-on-1 consultation (see agenda below for more details) with the presenter to discuss your own data and/or other questions.
With the new version that is going to be introduced at the workshop, Qlucore also includes a NGS module that has these additional features:
- Built-in variant caller
- Synchronized analysis of data in expression and genomic spaces
- User friendly project configuration of all included files (BAM, VCF, GTF, BED…)
- Integrated Genome browser with dynamic filtering of the content showed in the browser
More information and materials pertinent to the workshop will be shared with those who register closer to the date of the workshop.
WORKSHOP AGENDA for Wednesday, October 25, 2017
9:30 am– 12:30 pm: Presentation of Qlucore with Hands-on training
This session will include introduction to and exercises on basic features and functionality in Qlucore Omics Explorer. It is intended for new users and does not require that you have previous experience with Qlucore Omics Explorer. After the training, you should be able to do the following using QOE:
- Import data and annotations
- Present data with different plot types (PCA, heatmap, bar, box…)
- Identify discriminating variables using basic statistical test (t- test, anova, regression analysis)
- Use visualization to enhance analysis and interpret results
- Analyze public data (GEO data sets)
- Explore large data sets – find structure, patterns and subclusters in data (using PCA, variance filtering, heatmaps,…)
- Export variable lists and images
Afternoon Session, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Four 30-min 1-on-1 sessions; if interested, please indicate inside Comments Box during Registration
- Participants who sign up for these 30-min sessions are expected to bring their own data and/or questions
- If slots are available on the day of the workshop, walk-ins will be allowed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- 1-1:30 pm
- 1:45-2:15 pm
- 2:30-3:15 pm
- 3:30-4:00 pm
NOTE: This is a BYOC (Bring your own laptop Computer) class. Government issued or personal computers are permitted. We will be able to supply a very limited set of computers, so if you want to take the class but cannot bring your own computer please indicate such in the Comment section on the registration form.
Course Material 1: TCGA_tumor_and_normal_proteincoding.biowulf.matrix.tsv.gz