The recent breakthroughs in high-throughput technologies have resulted in a vast amount of big-data resources. However, it remains a significant challenge to transfer the knowledge from the public data to a new research project due to study design gaps and differences in data organization. Focusing on cancer immunology research, we integrated large-scale omics data and developed web platforms with interactive analysis modules. In the first project, we processed the omics data for over 33K samples in 188 tumor cohorts from public databases, 998 tumors from 12 ICB clinical studies, and eight CRISPR screens that identified gene modulators of the anticancer immune response. Integrating these datasets with three interactive analysis modules, our web platform TIDE has enabled public data reuse in hypothesis generation, biomarker optimization, and patient stratification in immune-oncology research. In the second project, we have manually labeled 20,608 cytokine and growth factor treatment profiles from the NCBI GEO and ArrayExpress databases. With these curated datasets, our web platform CellSig can reveal the differential expression change of query genes upon diverse cell signals and predict the cytokine and growth factor response in a user’s transcriptomic data input.
We recommend that you join at least 10 minutes before the meeting begins.
PLEASE NOTE: You must disconnect from NIH VPN and close other running applications on your computer to watch the webcast.
- Instructions on how to view the Webcast:
- Disconnect from NIH VPN and close other running applications on your computer. You may also watch this webcast using your smartphone.
- Click on Webcast link provided.
- Enter your first and last name in “Display Name” field.
- Enter your NIH email in “Email” field.
- Check the consent/authorization box.
- Sign in as guest.
- When the event is visible, click “unmute” in the upper right corner of the event window to hear the streamed audio from your computer speakers. Use your computer to adjust the volume.
- Click on the video icon (third icon from the bottom right) to move the presenter’s video.
- A recording will be made available on the BTEP website within 1-2 days.
- To view the event on an iPhone/iPad or Android device, click on the webcast link and follow the sign in as guest steps.