Ingenuity Pathways Analysis (IPA) is software that helps researchers model, analyze, and understand the complex biological and chemical systems at the core of life science research.
This training session will cover Advanced uses of this software:
Gene Information, Pathway building, target characterization
This session will cover how to use IPA’s Knowledge Base for deep investigation of any gene, protein, or metabolite and how to further refine gene sets isolated from large scale data analyses.
- Search for a Gene/Chemical/function and drug
- Performing an Advanced Search: Limiting results to a molecule type, family or subcellular location.
- Add molecules from search results a pathway
- Understanding the legend
- General pathway navigating
- Using the pathway Build Tools
- Using the Overlay interpretation tools
Understanding IPA Statistics
- How is the Fisher’s Exact Test calculated
- How are z-scores calculated and what does it mean
Micro RNA and biomarkers in IPA
- This training session will focus on two advanced workflows: the biomarkers interpretation and the microRNA-mRNA interpretation. After this training session a user should be able to:
- Run a microRNA filter Analysis
- Filter the microRNA- targets relationship using a mRNA dataset.
- Explore the functional involvement of the microRNA’s targets within a Core analysis.
- Identify potential microRNA targets by using the pathway functionalities.
- Run and View a Biomarkers Filter Analysis
- Explore further the biomarkers result in pathway and list.
- Generate a Biomarker Filter comparison analysis.