DNAnexus provides a secure cloud based platform for the analysis, storage and sharing of many different types of genomic data. CCR has recently established a Pilot program to enable CCR researchers to use this powerful tool to process their own NGS data. The platform includes workflows for; RNA-Seq, DNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq etc.
This talk is the third in a three-part series, designed to introduce CCR scientists and bioinformaticists to this powerful resource.
This workshop is aimed at developers, bioinformaticists and computational professionals, who are familiar with the command-line, scripting and batch data processing. In the form of a hands-on workshop this session will include:
- A walk through the steps involved in setting up and managing an account
- Details of uploading and downloading data
- Details about DNAnexus’s dx-toolkit
- Examples of how to run remote batch processes from the command-line on a local computer
- The basics of developing and deploying your own App/applet.
Details and registration for the other talks in the series:
More about DNAnexus
A point-and-click web environment provides ready access to powerful tools for the analysis, integration and sharing of complex data. Additionally, experienced researchers and bioinformaticists can interact with the platform through a command-line interface, which allows for quick integration with current system, and the automated processing of large data sets. Beyond its extensive library of integrated tools and pipelines, the DNAnexus platform also allows the quick and efficient development of new analysis tools and the porting of existing pipelines. DNAnexus is built upon the foundational security and features of AWS and AZURE.
Key Features of DNAnexus:
- Centralized online environment for genomic data analysis, storage and collaboration
- Web-based interface for ease of use
- Command line interface for power-users
- Large library of standard bioinformatic tools and pipelines
- Scalable infrastructure that can instantly meet any computational and data storage demand
- Data compliance in accordance with: HIPAA, CLIA, GCP, 21 CFR parts 11, 58, and 493, European Data Privacy laws and regulations
DNAnexus – Developers
Friday, April 12, 2019
10:30 am | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00) | 1 hr
Meeting number (access code): 733 723 913
Meeting password: FribB6E?