This introductory lecture will provide an overview of RNA-Seq technology, its various application and shortcomings, as well as detailing the steps involved in analyzing the resulting data.
The specific topics covered include:
- What is RNASeq ?
- What can it be used for ?
- Sequencing platforms
- Quality Control steps
- Experimental Design
- Data Analysis Workflows
- Identifying differentially expressed genes
- Discussion of relevant file formats and data conversion tools
- Approaches to detect splice variants and fusion genes
- NCI specific tools and software